Royse City’s sales tax rebate for May is expected to be more than $680,000, a 23.04% increase from the $553,000 received in May 2021.
For the fiscal year to date, Royse City has taken in $2.86 million in sales tax revenue, an increase of 25.4% from the $2.28 million collected through May 2021.
Not all municipalities in Rockwall County were as fortunate this month in terms of sales tax revenue. Four cities, including Rockwall, saw a decrease in their monthly receipts, according to a report issued May 11 by Texas Comptroller Glenn Hegar.
Hegar announced he would send cities, counties, transit systems and special purpose taxing districts across Texas $1.2 billion in local sales tax allocations for May, 11.8 percent more than in May 2021.
The revenue reported for May reflects sales taxes collected at local businesses in March, which were reported to the Comptroller’s Office in April.
- The city of Rockwall collected $3.43 million in sales tax rebate revenue this month, a decrease of 3.23% from the $3.55 million reported in May 2021. For the year to date, Rockwall has collected $14.35 million, an increase of 6.24% through May of last year.
• Fate received about $232,000 this month, a 23.83% rise from the nearly $187,000 received in May 2021. So far this year, Fate has taken in $1 million, an increase of 56.9% compared with the $638,000 received through May of last year.
• Heath received a little more than $236,000 this month, a decrease of 2.33% from the $242,000 received during May 2021. For the year to date, the city of Heath has collected $1 million, an increase of 14.78% from the $953,000 received through the same point in 2021.
• McLendon-Chisholm received a sales tax rebate revenue payment of almost $89,000 this month, 29.28% less than the nearly $126,000 collected in May of last year. For the year to date, McLendon-Chisholm has collected more than $365,000, an increase of 33.75% through the same point in 2021.
• Mobile City collected a little over $6,500 this month, a decrease of 38.36% from the $10,654 received during May 2021. Year to date, Mobile City has received more than $43,000 in sales tax rebate revenue, a reduction of 29.04% through May 2021.